After successful collaboration on the design of previous works for Bank of Scotland and Halifax Merson were appointed by Lloyds Banking Group to design and develop a full range of external and internal sign types. The redesign of the signage was part of the Lloyd's larger rebrand.
Fascia branding, projecting signs, architectural lettering and ATM surrounds were required for the rollout of the new brand across over 1300 branches, of which we were tasked with approximately 450.
As well as the design, manufacture and installation of the rebrand signage we were also tasked with producing cover signs. These cover signs were designed to maintain the existing Lloyds TSB branding, to conceal the new signage until the reveal date of the new Lloyds Bank brand.
The project scope included:
- Concept design
- Prototyping and development
- Detailed product design
- Site surveys and design schemes for all branches
- Design of bespoke installation methods and building interfaces at key branches
- Provision of local authority design packs for advertisement consent applications
- Technical specification documents